Mercia is a national investment group focused on the creation/identification, funding and scaling of innovative technology businesses with high growth potential from the UK regions. As a Senior Investment Analyst joining our new Research Team, you will play a key role in supporting the Investment Team and portfolio businesses. You will gain exposure to all elements of venture capital investing and work closely with senior investors in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
REPORTING TO: Head of Research
LOCATION: Primary office location is London
JOB PROFILE (Key Features):
The Senior Investment Analyst will be responsible for:
- Making informed recommendations to Investment Managers; identifying and articulating associated risks or payoffs.
- Developing financial models and projection.
- Closely monitoring financial press; tracking market and sector trends, opportunities, and risks.
- Examining and assessing economic and market trends, earning prospects, financial statements and other indicators and factors to determine suitable funding strategies.
- Supporting the Head of Research in corporate evaluations.
- Development of sector specific thought leadership pieces.
JOB HOLDER (Qualifications & Experience):
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an analyst role at a top tier management consultancy, investment bank, corporate finance firm or investment research group.
- A STEM graduate with a BSc in computer sciences, physical sciences or an engineering-related discipline preferred. An MBA, Masters, PhD or financial qualifications will be considered positively.
- Sound commercial acumen and analytical skills; able to examine and interpret data from different sources and understand its impact on investment decisions.
- Strong financial analysis skills; ability to understand financial information, including financial statements, company accounts and sector data.
- Strong Excel and database skills.
- A keen interest in keeping up-to-date on the UK economy and financial markets.
- Good research and writing skills.
- Strong work and team ethics.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work with colleagues at all levels.
If you would like to apply for this position, send your CV and a covering letter, detailing your availability to join us. Apply to: email@example.com