JOB PURPOSE: A full time generalist position providing administration support to the Mercia Team, with particular emphasis on facilities support for the Henley-based team.
REPORTING TO: Facilities Coordinator & Executive Assistant.
LOCATION: Primary office location – Henley-in-Arden.
JOB PROFILE (Key Features):
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Welcoming all visitors to the Henley office – to include Board members, prospective investee companies.
- Providing refreshments for visitors and booking lunches for meetings and events.
- Fielding all enquiries relating to investment requests for the whole of Mercia.
- Organising conference calls, meetings at HIA and coordinating meetings at other Mercia locations.
- Opening the post, logging and distributing each morning. Dealing with the sending post and parcels by mail or courier.
- Assisting with printing and binding documents and presentations for events and meetings.
- Assisting with the booking of travel – trains, flights, hotels for employees as required.
- Ordering stationery and monitoring levels via stock control.
- Trouble shooting office equipment issues and booking repairs as necessary.
- Setting up and clearing all meeting rooms ahead of/following events and meetings.
- Taking pride in maintaining the appearance of the Henley facilities, light cleaning at times.
- Assist the People & Talent and Marketing Teams with event co-ordination and set up.
- Providing Supplier analysis i.e. Amazon spend, One Alfred Place spend to assist the Finance Team.
- Providing support to the Facilities Coordinator.
JOB HOLDER (Qualifications & Experience):
- In line with our core values, you should be able to demonstrate that you are Growth Focused, Responsive, Knowledgeable and Trusted.
- Organised, with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks at times.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact and build relationships at all levels.
- Good communication skills, responding professionally and politely (written or verbally) to any enquiry / request from internal or external stakeholders.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to use initiative, while at the same time being comfortable working under instruction.
- Trustworthy and confidential at all times.
- Working knowledge of MS Office skills with some preferred database/CRM system experience.
- To be willing to become a qualified First Aider and Fire Marshall.
- To have and maintain a current driving licence enabling you to drive in the UK, as there may be a small element of travel to other Mercia offices.
- Previous experience in an administration support role.
If you would like to apply for this position, send your CV and a covering letter, detailing your availability to join us: firstname.lastname@example.org