As a member of the Mercia Investment team you will be making investments in companies with a focus on the wider Midlands, North and Scotland geographic region. These investments will be made from the Mercia EIS Funds. You will also manage some existing life science portfolio businesses and represent Mercia as a Non-Exec Director on the boards of some of our investee companies.
REPORTING TO: Fund Principal
LOCATION: Primary office location is Henley-in-Arden
JOB PROFILE (Key Features):
The Investment Manager will be responsible for:
- Identifying and assessing suitable new investment opportunities to achieve annual investment targets (at a team and individual level).
- Attending board meetings and providing Non-Exec support to portfolio businesses.
- Supporting the completion of investments including negotiation of terms, preparation of investment documentation, management of the due diligence process and control of the legal agreements.
- Liaising with external advisors.
- Supporting with the preparation of written reports and verbal presentations in respect of investment recommendations.
- Supporting the post-investment monitoring of investments, including exit management.
- Providing information for the reporting of investment progress to the senior management team.
- Ensuring service level standards and turnaround times are met.
- Ensuring all regulatory and customer requirements are complied with.
JOB HOLDER (Qualifications & Experience):
- Ideally some evidence of working with early stage technology companies.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of UK venture landscape.
- Preferably a background as an Executive in a life science business and board experience.
- Good understanding of the key attributes of a Technology business and what ‘good’ looks like.
- Demonstrate business acumen and analytical skills.
- Evidence of academic achievement – a relevant degree is strongly preferred.
- Strong work and team ethics.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of financial analysis.
- Strong Excel skills are essential, together with a good working knowledge of other Microsoft Office products.
If you would like to apply for this position, send your CV and a covering letter, detailing your availability to join us.
Apply to: email@example.com