As a member of the Mercia Investment team you will be responsible for the management of investment in companies with a focus on the wider Midlands geographic region. Investments will be made from the Midlands Engine Investment Proof of Concept Fund but may also include the Seed EIS and EIS investment funds managed by Mercia.
REPORTING TO: Julian Dennard – Fund Manager
JOB PROFILE (Key Features):
The Investment Director will be responsible for:
- Identification and assessment of suitable new investment opportunities to achieve annual investment targets (at a team and individual level).
- Undertaking business development and self-generating proposals, actively promoting the Fund and its activities to its target audiences.
- Negotiating deals and executing transactions, including the technical structuring of competitive investment packages to meet the requirements of the Fund
- Completion of all relevant financial, people and legal elements of any transaction, including management of any due diligence process and liaising with external advisors
- Post investment after-care, comprising management and monitoring of the financial and operational performance of the investee company and supporting and giving guidance on its operational and strategic issues.
- Ensuring service level standards and turnaround times are met.
- Ensuring all regulatory and customer requirements are complied with.
- Preparing written reports and verbal presentations to the Investment Committee in respect of investment recommendations.
- Mentoring the team and developing less experienced colleagues.
- Supporting the wider development of the team and Mercia Technologies.
JOB HOLDER (Qualifications & Experience):
- Track record of making early stage technology investments – probably between 5 and 10 years of early stage investment experience.
- Will ideally have a strong network within the Midlands region.
- Demonstrate business acumen and analytical skills.
- Evidence of academic achievement – a degree is strongly preferred.
- Strong work and team ethics.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Previous experience of managing teams.
- Good understanding of the key attributes of a Technology business and what ‘good’ looks like.
- Experience of working with Boards of investee companies.
- Ideally has achieved threshold competence or equivalent.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email Michelle Heaselgrave, Head of People & Talent, with a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com