As a member of the Mercia Investment team, you will be supporting our balance sheet investments across Mercia. You will provide support to the investment team in all areas of the investment process and the administration of the assigned funds, to ensure the efficient planning and execution of the day-to-day functions of the funds and their investments.
The Fund Administrator – Balance Sheet is initially a part time position, reporting to the CIO but will liaise extensively with the Investment teams.
REPORTING TO: Chief Investment Officer
PRIMARY OFFICE LOCATION: Primary office location – Henley-in-Arden
JOB PROFILE (Key Features):
The Fund Administrator - Balance Sheet will be responsible for:
- Assisting the investment teams with:
- Co-ordinating all investment applications by ensuring the correct information is logged in the CRM system by the investment team and that there are timely follow ups in line with internal KPI’s.
- The deal completion process as required in preparation and collation of due diligence information, including appropriate compliance documentation, cash transfer processes and post completion follow-up under the guidance of the Fund Principal.
- Maintaining investment databases and other records in respect of all balance sheet portfolio investments; recording new investments, and liaison and reconciliation to Finance Department and financial systems for the purpose of recording budgeted investment returns and subsequent monitoring of actual income and realisations; including where necessary any other changes to investment details.
- Preparation and maintenance of rolling cash forecast to ensure the timely and accurate drawdown of cash from treasury accounts.
- Developing the Agenda for balance sheet meetings (e.g. WIP meetings and quarterly portfolio review sessions) and preparing minutes highlighting key actions and responsibilities.
- Documenting minutes from Investment Committee meetings.
- Ensuring that all portfolio companies provide monthly management information.
- Helping to ensure timely collection of income and capital repayments due from portfolio companies.
- Working with the investment teams on the development, co-ordination and production of the internal and external reports.
- Planning timetables for and assisting with all board reporting and audits to ensure that any necessary internal/third party information or statistics are supplied to/requested from the relevant party; to enable timely production of valuations, reports and accounts.
- Working with the Marketing function to plan, co-ordinate and execute promotion of the balance sheet asset and its activities.
- Assisting the investment teams with collating and recording key contacts, ensure internal drive portfolio documents are updated and helping to organise meetings.
- Assistance as required in the general development, promotion and day to day management of the Mercia business and its current and future funds.
- Assisting and covering colleagues working on other funds during times of holiday or absence.
- Assisting the Finance team with preparing financial information and statements as required from time to time.
JOB HOLDER (Qualifications & Experience):
- Previous experience in the administration of Venture Funds is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in a financially based administration role, combined with a strong controls background. (Relevant experience in the financial services sector is not a requirement but would be useful).
- Strong MS Excel modelling skills are essential as well as proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and database use.
- An accounting qualification would be an advantage but is not essential.
- You must have strong communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work with all levels of management.
- Excellent time management and a high level of organisation is essential, including the ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple projects independently.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Self-starter with a passion for technology and start-ups and a desire to make a difference within a growing investment business.
If you would like to apply for this position, send your CV and a covering letter, detailing your availability to join us: firstname.lastname@example.org