You will report directly to the CEO and be a member of our Mercia Senior Management Team, with responsibility for charting the direction of the company. This enlarged role is new for Mercia, reflective of its own growth. You will lead a team of up to 3 people and will be given the opportunity to shape the full operation of this key element of Mercia’s organisation. You will be responsible for the delivery of all marketing and messaging within Mercia, creating and leading the strategy behind our communications and the evolution of our brand. In addition, you will manage communications and messaging for the Mercia investment portfolio.
REPORTING TO: Chief Executive Officer
LOCATION: Primary office location is Henley-in-Arden and/or Manchester
JOB PROFILE (Key Features):
- A full time office-based position
- Owning the messaging and communication of all investment products and drive a fresh approach within the business.
- Assessing and improving our portfolio messaging to achieve maximum engagement with target groups, being able to measure and report on this engagement and its success.
- Ensuring regular analysis of customer, industry and regulatory activity, recommending where strategic changes may be required.
- Directing investor relation activities in respect of Mercia’s managed funds and PLC shareholders.
- Creating and managing the marketing plan, including a marketing budget.
- Managing a small product management and marketing team, to deliver maximum return on investment.
- Planning and directing the messaging and marketing calendar, keeping up with trends in the industry and demonstrating Mercia to be at the cutting edge of the investment industry.
- Monitoring competitive activity and identifying customer needs, as well as changing trends in the industry.
- Engaging with key customers, speakers, and Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s) as needed, to ensure creation and seamless roll out of high impact, high value product messaging.
- Working with sector heads, fund principals and other key contributors to understand information requirements.
- Understanding the appropriate communication channels for your target audience and message.
- Working with portfolio businesses to create case studies and testimonials about the partnership with Mercia.
- Ongoing market research and competitive analysis to stay ahead of industry trends, product and technology developments and consumer demand.
- Create a series of insight articles which demonstrate the expertise and experience of Mercia and its alignment with target markets.
- Creating opportunities for key team members to present as Key Opinion Leaders in their field.
JOB HOLDER (Qualifications & Experience):
- An experienced marketing director (with 5-10 years plus experience), with proven experience in developing, successfully implementing and owning a marketing strategy.
- Commercially astute, with demonstrable success in value proposition messaging and branding.
- For an exceptional candidate this may be their first marketing director role, but this position is most suited to someone already in a Marketing Director-type position.
- A track record of managing multiple tasks and projects at a time, prioritising your own and your team’s workload effectively.
- An experienced manager of a team, delivering best in class marketing and messaging.
- Evidence of academic achievement – a degree, professional marketing qualifications (or equivalent in experience) preferred.
- Ideally will benefit from an early career in media / press.
- Unrestricted mobility to travel frequently within the UK and in possession of a UK driving licence.
- Investor relations and shareholder communication experience.
- The right to work in the UK.
JOB HOLDER (Personal Attributes):
- Genuine interest, understanding and passion for our business and the investment sector.
- Strong work and team ethic.
- Ambitious, self-motivated to learn and manage a best in class function.
- An inspiring leader with capability to develop the marketing function at Mercia.
- A high level of creativity with the drive to continually improve and make a difference.
- Excellence in attention to detail, with a particular ability to proofread all external facing materials.
- Strong communication/presentation skills and at ease building relationships internally and externally.
- Highly analytical.
- Enthusiastic and outgoing in approach and shares Mercia’s core values.
If you would like to apply for this position, send your CV and a covering letter, detailing your availability to join us: email@example.com