Mercia is a national investment group focused on the creation/identification, funding and scaling of innovative technology businesses with high growth potential from the UK regions. As a Data Scientist, you will have a strong experience of databases (CRM) and play a key role in ensuring that the data held by the company across all of its funds is accurate in order to provide detailed reports for management review and client reporting. In addition, you will also be providing fund admin support to the CIO to ensure all balance sheet investments are accurately recorded on company systems.
REPORTING TO: Chief Operating Officer
LOCATION: Primary office location is Henley-in-Arden, or Manchester.
JOB PROFILE (Key Features):
The Data Scientist will be responsible for:
- Handling, manipulating, validating, cleansing and presenting data using a wide range of tools, APIs and systems. Data science / programming experience required.
- Ensuring all company systems are updated accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide regular management information for each Fund Principal and Executive Team.
- Develop as a company Systems champion (currently Quick Base, Excel, Python) and develop company training resources.
- Full understanding of data fields in the system and assist in the migration to a new system alongside the 3rd party supplier.
- Assist team in administration building all aspects of the company database.
- Assist in regular reporting for clients such as BBB.
- Providing support to fund administrators to ensure accurate details are held on the system.
- Closely monitoring database usage to ensure full company usage and risks.
- Supporting the CIO and Exec team on ad-hoc management information reports.
- Ad-hoc telephone and other administration duties.
JOB HOLDER (Qualifications & Experience):
- Educated to graduate or A-level standard, previous experience of working where a high degree of attention to detail is required.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience preferred with strong experience of databases.
- Sound in-depth analytical skills; able to examine and interpret data from different sources and understand its impact on data reports.
- Working knowledge of online databases and some programming experience (e.g. Python) are desirable.
- Experience of working with and interrogating large databases.
- Good report writing skills.
- Strong work and team ethics.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work with colleagues at all levels.
- Strong Excel and database skills are essential, together with a good working knowledge of other Microsoft Office products.
If you would like to apply for this position, send your CV and a covering letter, detailing your availability to join us: email@example.com